Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15th, 2017 Epiphany Day Anniversary

May 15th, 2017 Epiphany Day Anniversary

Today is a red letter date for me. It was three years ago today that I experienced what I'll always refer to as "Epiphany Day." In essence, it was the day I finally realized the truest source for my self-worth, identity, happiness, and joy. These things were no longer tied to something that naturally fluctuates. These things were no longer found externally. These things could exist and flourish regardless of my weight, the size of my bank account, my relationship status, or any other external circumstance.

My initial 275-pound weight loss was supposed to "make me" happy. And it didn't. And I'm glad it didn't, because it would have been an illusion of happiness and illusions eventually reveal their truth one way or another. It was working through this monumental let-down that helped me discover what I truly believe is a major element of real happiness.

It wasn't an accident that Epiphany Day came not long after starting the turnaround from my 164-pound relapse/regain. I feel like it was Devine intervention, as if to say-- here, look at it this way and be free. Lose the weight because you're taking extraordinary care of yourself--not in an effort to obtain some magical level of happiness, but simply because you're worth every ounce of effort in this care. You deserve this level of care. 

I stopped searching for something I already possessed. I'm not writing about happiness itself, I'm writing about the capacity--the ability to choose happiness regardless of whether or not I possessed the things I felt certain were requirements for such a revelation.

Anyway--this day, very powerful for me.

You can read May 15th, 2014 Epiphany Day simply by clicking here.

And May 19th's entry four days after Epiphany Day expands on the thoughts and ideas that haven't left my brain since.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I enjoyed a great workout at the YMCA, and I stayed connected with excellent support contacts.

Today's Accountability Tweets:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. Thank you...and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my epiphany date is the same but in 1993. Thank God I never experimented and risked not coming back. you are very lucky. Sean. Most don't make it back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very inspiring..thanks for continuing to share your journey!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.