Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 23rd, 2017 Action Steps

May 23rd, 2017 Action Steps

I work with some wonderful people in the groups I co-facilitate with Life Coach Kathleen and Jordan Burgess, and I have a small number of private one on one clients I mentor. The topic of getting enough rest comes up often as an exceptional point of challenge. When we're exhausted mentally and physically, how much energy do we have left for our extraordinary care? It takes a much larger effort to remain in the "give a flip" area when we're tired.

And so I ask questions. "What obstacles stand between you and better rest?" "What action steps are you willing to take that will enable you to create the space you need for enough rest?" "What accountability and support measures can you create in support of this resolve?"

Oh yeah-- I can ask the questions. More than once, I've prefaced this type of interaction with, "clearly I feel like a hypocrite here-- because these are questions I need to ask myself...but..."

Tonight, it's less talking, more doing.

I canceled my visit with mom tonight. We did have a few nice conversations today. I'll see her again tomorrow. And I canceled plans to do some work at the studio tonight.

I'm staying in and going to bed early enough in order to feel better rested tomorrow. This is just one night's plan.

Today was a fairly long day. I'll feel better tomorrow with tonight's action steps for more rest.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with wonderful support.
 
Today's Accountability Tweets:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.