Thursday, May 17, 2018

May 17th, 2018 Needed To Hear

May 17th, 2018 Needed To Hear

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

This entire experience--and I mean all of it, has been and continues to be a blessing in my life. This blog has played a very important role for me over the last nearly ten years. Its primary purpose is to serve as an accountability tool, a place for me to express my thoughts, a place to bring my struggles, and a place to share my victories along the way. This blog helps keep me well. And the only time it didn't is when I stopped regularly posting during my relapse/regain period.

What quickly developed in these pages was something more, something bigger--a place where you can come, read, and find hope. It means the world to me when I get feedback from someone who's reading along or perhaps they've taken a dive into the archives and they've come up to send an email to let me know how it's affected them in a positive way. It just does my heart good to know that by way of sharing this experience, it has the potential to make a positive difference for someone else.

I'm incredibly grateful. I thank God for my daily practice, for this blog, and for the amazing people I keep close in my life.

I was feeling a little down this morning. It happens. Some of the contributing thoughts were, "am I doing enough?" or "Is what I do on this blog or my support group a positive thing?" or "How can I do better?"  

The first question I must ask myself: Am I okay with my personal plan practice? Yes. And that means a lot to me. That's the primary focus. I must be well before anything else.

Then, I had a wonderful conversation with a friend who not only expressed some wonderful ideas for me, she also expressed how what I do has value and what it means. I really needed to hear her words.

Then I checked my email while enjoying lunch and up pops an email from a reader in Rhode Island:

Hi Sean, just a note to say hello, and thank you for your continued daily blogging. Your blog is on my daily list and I truly appreciate your sharing your ups and also your challenges. Your Epiphany Day revisit was an honor to read, and I agree with you that no matter what your size, you are a great person to have on this planet! (smile)  It warms my heart when you post pictures of your family - the grandkids are so adorable and only getting cuter over time!  and I see the sincerity and warmth of the smiles on the faces of you with your adult family members.

Please, feel no need to respond to this message - I know from your blog your schedule is very busy and I really just wanted to express appreciation FOR YOU  and for all your work and your courage in sharing and let you know that you are making a real (and positive!) difference in the lives of other people. (more smiles)

Also, I wanted to mention that I listened to your recent podcast with Bryan Ganey and that was wonderful also!  It was cute how your Mom was on in the beginning, asking when the Bryan Ganey interview would start!  thank you again.

Best regards,
Sandra (in Rhode Island)

Thank you so much, Sandra.

I feel incredibly blessed and grateful. I'll keep doing what I do around here. There's nothing more rewarding than feeling like I can make a difference for someone else simply by sharing my experience and story. And by doing that, It helps keep me well, too.



















Today's featured Tweet:


Cindy came into town this evening for a visit. We enjoyed dinner together before a quick store run and a trip to visit with mom. It was very nice!

After getting to bed too late last night, I plan on getting a little more rest tonight!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.