Wednesday, May 2, 2018

May 2nd, 2018 Derail Me

May 2nd, 2018 Derail Me

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

I can adjust my plan on the fly, if needed and IF the adjustments remain within the overall boundaries of my plan, but I don't sacrifice the integrity of the plan. I'd rather go without and eat sometime later than do something like that.

This recovery business, for me, requires a commitment to taking extraordinary care with my food--and that means maintaining the integrity of the food plan I've designed--the one that fits me very well--the one I truly enjoy. 

If I started sacrificing the integrity of my food plan to fit in or in the name of convenience because I didn't plan well--then it would be the beginning of the end and I'd quickly go back to 500 pounds. 

The key is in remembering: I make the choices for me. 

I refuse to be a victim of circumstance with my food choices. Because the truth is, these circumstances along the way never had to derail me--I always wanted them to derail me---I used them in my arsenal of rationalizations for the choices and food behaviors that were killing me while conveniently denying any amount of responsibility for my own behavior. But why?? 

Because a few basic human needs were being met: Certainty (or the appearance of certainty found in the illusion of comfort), variety, and connection.
-------------------------------
I worked late with weather coverage tonight. Our area didn't get the worst storms, but it was enough in our broadcast area to require coverage. I stopped by mom's place on the way home for a quick visit. She's doing well tonight.

I'm hitting the pillow within minutes. 4:30am comes way too soon!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.